Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing Blog: The Beginning of the End


    Following my first weekend of filming, I decided I could edit the scenes I filmed. Because I couldn't get any shots with my co-star, I could only edit the scenes that didn't have him in them. This proved to be somewhat difficult, as a lot of my scenes either cut to him or are shot-reverse shots, etc. However, I was able to edit some minor changes to the scenes without him present. For example, I was able to cut scenes and begin the fading process or the scenes I am into the ones that will cut to him. Additionally, I was able to clean up the choppiness of a couple scenes that I filmed. Also, I filmed a couple shots that included my mom. For these, I was able to edit them so they fit more smoothly into the project. To be honest, I wasn't able to do a whole lot of editing, as, like I said before, I couldn't film too much as my supporting actor wasn't available to film over the weekend. However, I plan to get the rest of my filming down towards the end of this week, and into the weekend.

    In addition to shortening and fading a couple of my shots, I made a few other adjustments to my project. I browsed the internet for some copyright-free music to use in the background of my opening sequence. I was searching mainly for a slow-building, ominous type score to use as the opening sequence commences. This follows the standard conventions of thriller/horror movies, as I prepare the audience for a spooky feeling. Once I found a track that I believed would work well with my production, I imported it into the editing software. From there, I placed it into the corresponding track position and readied it for when I further my editing process. I will edit the music so it plays a bit louder at the beginning of the opening sequence and will become quieter as the characters speak. My goal is to make the scenes flow into each other, creating a very smooth looking opening sequence. Currently, without the scenes involving my supporting actor, the project is only about 45 seconds, so I will need to make sure I have another minute and 15 seconds of footage for my film. Once I get the final shots filmed, I will be able to import them and finish editing my project!


No comments:

Post a Comment