Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review Blog


    This is my blog for the peer review that we conducted for the final project. I was assigned a group’s film to review, and a separate group was assigned to watch mine. This was an important project, as it helped us all gain insight to how close we are to finishing our projects. Moreover, the reviewing from outside individuals was good as it helped us know what we need to fix and tweak for our final product. I will start by saying that I really liked how the group’s video that I reviewed turned out so far. The lighting was very good throughout their film opening. They were able to properly use bright lighting, which played a huge effect on their project. Additionally, I liked the groups’ transitions between shots. They made the film flow smoothly, using seamless transitions. So far, the group has done a great job and I think their slightly revised project will be very successful.

    Looking at the negatives of this groups’ work, it was honestly hard to find specific examples. Generally, they project didn’t seem to have to many mistakes. However, their video is only about one minute and 20 seconds. Since the final must be closer to two minutes long, one suggestion I made for their video was to add to it, and make it closer to that two minute mark. Additionally, I think the group should work to add more to the story. From what I watched, I, as an audience couldn’t really pin point the exact story of the film. They should work together to make the plot a little more obvious. In fact, they could even change some of the font for the text a little to make it fit the genre better. Finally, I think the group should work to include more of the additional group mates. Their film should include more than just one of the students. All in all, their project was pretty solid, but they do need to fix a few minor errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment