Thursday, February 6, 2020

Planning Blog: Sound Script

I created this slide as my "sound script" for my final project/film. Unlike the shooting script I created, this script focusses more on sounds and dialogue within the film. I discuss the diegetic and non-diegetic sounds within the film, such as background noises that will be heard throughout the opening sequence. These include, in my case, birds chirping, doors closing, and footsteps. Sound within a film is as important, if not more important than the actual shots in the film. Especially in horror/thriller movies where the sound is a character on its own, it is used to establish suspense, pace, and action. Within the last minute of my opening sequence, the audience is already catapulted straight into the action of the film. Music plays a huge role, especially towards the end of my opening sequence. Along with the final shot, the music creates a cliffhanger. This will hopefully leave viewers wanting to see the eventual fate of my characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment