Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Filming Blog- (Wasn't Able to Film)


    On Thursday, February 13th, I was finished with my storyboard and was technically ready to begin filming. My plan was to begin my filming process over the long weekend that we had. However, I ran into a few obstacles that inhibited my chances to film. My plan was to begin filming on Saturday, after work. I usually get off of work around 5 pm, therefore I could still get many opening shots filmed. So, I went to work, like normal, and planned to head straight home after work to begin filming. However, instead of clocking out of work at my normal 5 pm time, I was told that I needed to stay a couple more hours. Additionally, once I did manage to get out of work, it was raining heavily in the area near my house. This obstructed my filming plan by a day, as for one, I needed to film outside, without rain. Also, a lot of my shots do take place during the daytime, and by the time I was actually in the correct wardrobe and ready to film, it was dark outside. Therefore, I wouldn't have had optimal lighting for my scenes that needed to be filmed.

    On Sunday, February 16th, I planned on finally filming. I did have work again, but I was sure that I would be out of work in an efficient manner and at my normal clock-out time. This did, in fact, happen, but like the previous day, it was pouring rain once I got home from work. I did film a couple of shots inside my house, which take place towards the beginning of the opening sequence. However, I was not able to film any other vital scenes over this first weekend of filming. What this has taught me is that filmmakers and producers do run into obstacles during their work, but they have to adapt and overcome. Although I wasn't able to film a lot of my shots, I did manage to knock out a couple shots. Additionally, this weekend gave me more time to plan on when and how I would shoot future scenes. I plan to film again this week and next weekend as well. Hopefully, the weather can work with me for once and I can successfully shoot a good chunk of my project.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment