Monday, February 10, 2020

Planning Blog: Title Design




    In this slide presentation, I discuss everything that is needed to be known about the titles I will use in my opening sequence of my film. I hope that I can make the titles seamlessly blend with the shots in the title sequence. Audiences should be able to read who was involved in the production, so I need to make sure that the titles are clear and effective. I will be able to do this by using correct spacing, as well as fonts that go well with my film. Moreover, I decided to use "spooky" fonts, if you will, in my opening sequence to fall in line with common horror/thriller film conventions. 

    As I am limited to three various fonts for the opening sequence, I plan to use one font for the title/position of who was involved, for example, "Directed By." I will use a different font for the actual person who filled that position, like my name. And,  I will use a separate font for the title of the movie, 'Experiment 1217.' I also discuss how titles will appear on-screen once the scenes begin. Finally, I talk about how long each title will appear on the screen; I don't want them to be on-screen for too long as we are only given a two-minute slot for our project. Titles are very crucial to a film, as they give credit to everyone who was involved. Therefore, I want to make the opening sequence as effective, and informative, as it can be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment