Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Filming Blog: First Weekend of Filming


    Finally, after a weekend of non-responsive weather and overtime at my job, I was able to begin filming. I checked out a camera on Friday and as soon as I got home from practice after school, I began filming. The only scenes I would be able to film over the weekend would be the ones that don't involve my co-star. This is because he is working all weekend and only gets off late at night. However, he doesn't work during the week, so my plan is to check a camera out in the middle of the week and film then. Once I got home, I set up my camera on the tripod and shot the opening scene, of my final. This scene is supposed to set the mood for the rest of the project. Therefore, I made sure to take a couple shots of this even though it was a pretty simple scene. Lighting was pretty nice, as I filmed around 4pm eastern time zone, which created a bright hue inside my room. I made sure to review the footage after they were filmed.


    After I filmed a couple preliminary shots, I decided that I would continue the next day. The following day, Saturday, I worked until 3pm, so once I clocked out, I headed straight home. Once I arrived home, I showered and changed into "costume" for my second day of filming. Again, my supporting role was not available that day, so I would continue with scenes that only included me. There were a few shots that included my mom, as she plays my mother in the film as well, so I was able to film those shots too. Considering the project can only be two minutes, I have a feeling the editing process will be difficult. I will need to make sure my film fits the given time, and if it doesn't, that is when I will need to conduct re-shoots. The storyboard has been really helpful in the filming process, as I have, on multiple occasions, looked back at it to make sure I have been following what I envisioned. All in all, I was able to get a good chunk of filming out in just this first weekend. Now, I just need to make sure I can finish gathering and filming my other scenes, with my supporting actor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment