Thursday, November 21, 2019

Music Video Storyboard Blog


    The storyboard creation process for my music video feels completely different from the storyboard for the commercial we previously made. Firstly, the storyboard is much longer for the music video as it has to be 1 minute and 15 seconds. The storyboard for the commercial only had to be 30 seconds or less. Therefore, I needed to use two storyboard papers, versus the one paper for the commercial storyboard. Also, I feel like I needed to go into much greater detail for the music video storyboard. I needed to break down the shots into much higher detail, in comparison to the storyboard for the commercial. The shots in my music video change very quickly as they transition based on the beat/tempo of the song itself. On the other hand, for the commercial, the shots transitioned slower and more smooth as each shot could be a little longer due to dialogue. Additionally, actors are more of a showcase in the music video than they are in a commercial, so the storyboard was more centered on what I or any of my actors would be doing shot-by-shot. The commercial project was showcasing the product we were trying to sell more than the actual actors within the production.

    The first shot of my music video is an establishing shot of sorts. It will be a slow pan from the right to the left, eventually showing my truck, as the music in the song begins. I say this is an establishing shot because most of the music video will take place inside on my truck. The next shot is a low angle, medium close up of my legs climbing into the driver side of my truck. Most hip-hop artists like to show off their fashion likes, so, I will make sure to wear a nice outfit to fit to this convention of hip-hop music videos. Next, the following shot is a high angle, wide shot of my truck driving away from its previous position, as the music continues to play. I chose a high angle to really showcase my vehicle and its power. This is common in music videos, as well, as many music artists use cars in the videos. The shot after this is a medium shot of me, at a different location, most likely a park or at the beach, beginning to dance with the music. The location of this shot will be determined on the day of filming, depending on the weather.

    The following 4 to 5 shots will transition from the inside of my truck to the other location. As I said before, the other location will either be a park or at the beach. The shots in my truck will take place at night, as this matches the tone of the song for the video. Moreover, the shots at the other location will take place during the day, and at sunset. The shots inside of my car will switch between medium and medium close up shots. The shots outside of my truck will be wide or medium shots to show off the setting more than the actors. The 3rd to last shot will show me continuing to lip-sync to the song as the shot fades to black. The 2nd to last shot will be me driving as I lip-sync to the song and this shot will fade to black as well. Finally, the last shot will be another high angle, wide shot of my truck driving away from the camera. This shot will eventually fade to black as well. The last scene will credit anyone involved in the music video and the process of making the video. Also, I will credit the original writer and artist of the song I used. The credits will pop up on a still black screen with bright orange and blue letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment