Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog


    I filmed almost all of my music video over this past weekend, November 22nd-24th. For this music video project, I am working by myself. However, I was able to find a few friends to help me film and to be in my music video. I was able to shoot the introductory shots and most of the main shots for my video. I followed my storyboard and plan to the best of my ability and I think I did pretty good. A few things changed from my original storyboard/plan and the actual shoot. For example, I did film inside my truck like I planned on doing. However, instead of filming a couple other shots at the beach or park, I filmed at the top of a parking garage. I mainly decided to film here because the view overlooked downtown Fort Lauderdale skyline and I thought it worked well with the video. Additionally, I was at the top of the garage at sunset, so lighting was optimal for filming.

    On Friday, November 22nd, I checked out a camera and tripod for filming that I would complete over the weekend. On Saturday, I made my way to a local park with a few friends, with intentions to film there. We arrived around 12 pm and began setting up my camera and tripod for filming. Lighting was not very good, as the exposure was too bright for the camera. This made it hard to see anyone in the shots that we did film. Therefore, after we attempted to film a couple more shots, that ended up being throwaways, we made our was to a parking garage near the park. We arrived to the garage around 5:15 pm and set up right away. The sun began to set, so we decided to film then. The shots we filmed at sunset were mainly introductory shots for the music video. These were the pan over to look at my truck, a shot of me getting into my truck, and a medium/wide shot of my truck driving away from the camera.

    Once we finished filming these few shots, we packed up and went home for the day. Then, on Sunday, November 24th, I filmed again. These shots were the main shots for the music video and I needed to make sure that they were filmed correctly. I started pretty late, around 8:45 pm, after my family had eaten dinner. These shots were supposed to be at night anyway, so this wasn't a problem. After dinner, I made my way to pick up a few friends to help me film the shots I needed to film. After picking everyone up, we made our way to Las Olas, in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. This is where I would film the car shots, because Christmas lights were put up and they provided good lighting for my video. After getting all the car shots, we made our way back to the garage that we filmed at the day before. I was able to get a couple more shots up here, still overlooking the city skyline at night. This weekend was a success for filming as I was able to get all the shots I planned on filming. These next couple of days, I plan on filming a few more shots. But, I should be ready to edit my video within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment